WebDriverWait times out, but I see element load

slipet...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 8:43:24 AM6/5/18
to Selenium Users
I am working with Selenium in Visual Studio with C#. When I run the code in debug mode, everything works fine. But, when I compile it and try to run it, I get timeout errors:

private IWebElement txtEmail => new WebDriverWait(driver, TimeSpan.FromSeconds(30)).Until(d => d.FindElement(By.Id("uemail")));

I am trying to use Selenium for something it was not actually built for. I am trying to have me code navigate a third party website and download a daily report rather than having a user do it, so I do not want it to have to run in Visual Studio. Is this something that anyone else has encountered? Is there a workaround? I understand that Selenium is typically used in Visual Studio for testing, so perhaps Selenium is not the correct development tool for what I am trying to do. It is just what I am most familiar with.

slipet...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 9:11:06 AM6/5/18
to Selenium Users