Selenium Integration with HP ALM (11.5)

sapsdkar...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 6:42:36 PM6/8/17
to Selenium Users
Hello All,

First of all, Apologies. I reckon I'm reiterating this topic yet again on this forum.   There are quite a few similar threads, but unfortunately it didn't help me much.

Could someone shed some light on this please or any doc/video would be greatly appreciated.

All I wanted to achieve is...run the scripts in eclipse IDE and have the test scripts status (pass/fail) to be set automatically in HP ALM.

Thanks a ton,
Karthik

sapsdkar...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 5:02:59 AM6/12/17
to Selenium Users
Any response on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Karthik

praveen kumar cherukuri

Jun 12, 2017, 6:22:46 AM6/12/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can take a look at the ALM rest client interface and use it for updating the results.

See some blogs like

or you can create a custom Maven plugin to perform this in a standard way.

photo
Praveen Kumar Cherukuri
Test Automation ExpertQA-Masters
pra...@qa-masters.com | Skype:  praveen_cherukuri |
 www.qa-masters.com | Trainers Outsourcing | Experts in QA Training | Technical Project Support

sapsdkar...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 6:54:12 PM6/12/17
to Selenium Users
Thanks Praveen.

praveen kumar cherukuri

Jun 13, 2017, 8:35:08 AM6/13/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to ask more about this. I've some experience working the same requirement for one of our clients in the recent past.
Maybe my experience can help you a little.

/Praveen.

photo
Praveen Kumar Cherukuri
Test Automation ExpertQA-Masters
pra...@qa-masters.com | Skype:  praveen_cherukuri |
 www.qa-masters.com | Trainers Outsourcing | Experts in QA Training | Technical Project Support

karthik raja

Jun 13, 2017, 6:58:18 PM6/13/17
to Selenium Users
Thanks a lot Praveen.  Thats very kind of you.

Yes, I'm actually stuck atm.   In fact,I have posted the query on this blog -> http://automationtestingutilities.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/IntegrationWithQCorALMusingALMServiceWrapperPart2.html

Would be really helpful if you could let me know on the step by step approach to handle this requirement please?

Requirement : Run scripts in eclipse and automatically create the status (PALL/FAIL) in HP ALM 11.52

Thanks in advance,
Karthik

<<

Dear Friends,

Im stuck in the very beginning stage. Im unable to find the OTACLIENT.DLL at all.

I enabled the hidden AppData (C:\Users\karaja****\AppData\Local\HP\ALM-Client\svmdc2***\merged-setup_a) folder and wasnt able to find the .dll file.

However, I did notice the OTACLient info in the file 'merged-setup_a' (Config file ?).

ShortName=OTAClient.dll
URLName=%URL%/Install/OTAClient.lld

Also, I tried the command regsvr32 OTACLIENT.dll and encountered the below exception.

The Module 'OTACLIENT.dll'
make sure the binary is stored at the specified path '
The specified module could not be found

Sorry If im missing something in here. Your response would be greatly appreciated.