Initial Navigation Times Out Constantly

Ian Pascoe

Jan 24, 2023, 8:42:00 AM1/24/23
to Selenium Users
Hello,

Initial navigation using selenium chrome docker image is timing out on initial navigation to a webpage. I can reproduce it when navigating to the page in VNC as well. Is there any settings I can set to speed up this initial navigation? Any help would be appreciated. This just started occuring last week, but doesn't seem to be related to an upgrade.

My specs:
selenium/standalone-chrome:4.8.0
RHEL 7.9
Docker-CE 20.10.23-3

Ritu Jain

Jan 24, 2023, 9:24:05 AM1/24/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I need to call some rest endpoint with request json,and some parameters, using basic auth

Kindly share necessary package or any sample script or link
Will be really helpful

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Jan 24, 2023, 9:25:31 AM1/24/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
If you are on Java use https://rest-assured.io/
You don't need selenium.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/

Ritu Jain

Jan 25, 2023, 12:31:00 PM1/25/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Actually to automate the complete UI testing flow from selenium webdriver for ojet application, i need to call a rest API after a couple of steps.

There are options chai-http but stuck when on corporate proxy

It times out!

Need solution urgently