selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: /chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127

Ranjana Palanivel

May 30, 2018, 8:10:16 AM5/30/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

While running python selenium script with headless chrome on Ubuntu server ,getting 'chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127' error is thrown.

(a)This is due to the version of Chromedriver?

Then,I have installed selenium by using the command "pip install selenium".Is this ok? Or  Do I need to install Selenium Server?

Can anyone please help me out on this.
 I have used the below code in my script
def setUp(self):
# Option 1 - with ChromeOptions
chrome_options = webdriver.ChromeOptions()
chrome_options.add_argument('--headless')
driver_path ='/home/ovpadmin/chromedriver'
self.driver = webdriver.Chrome(executable_path=driver_path, chrome_options=chrome_options,
service_args=['--verbose', '--log-path=/home/ovpadmin/chromedriver.log'])

--
Thanks & Regards

Ranjana P

Ranjana Palanivel

May 30, 2018, 9:01:28 PM5/30/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Please help me out in resolving the issue
mentioned below:

On Wed 30 May, 2018, 5:39 PM Ranjana Palanivel, <ranjana....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

While running python selenium script with headless chrome on Ubuntu server ,getting 'chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: 127' error is thrown.

(a)This is due to the version of Chromedriver?

I have installed selenium by using the command "pip install selenium" on Ubuntu server.Is this ok? Or  Do I need to install Selenium Server Version?

cesar carlos calderon

Feb 21, 2019, 12:58:41 AM2/21/19
to Selenium Users
Hi Ranjana,

Did you happen to have fixed this issue? I'm facing the same problem when trying to use selenium in AWS Lambda. Thanks!

Cesar

Róbert Dalnoki

Jun 4, 2020, 12:57:32 PM6/4/20
to Selenium Users