unknown error: Failed to execute 'getComputedStyle' on 'Window': parameter 1 is not of type 'Element

Hai Nguyen

May 31, 2018, 12:45:00 AM5/31/18
to Selenium Users
I don't quite understand this error. I select the element by ID and send keys to it, it doesn't work. But when I send keys after selecting the element with cssSelector or xPath, it works.

bharathi sriram

Jun 4, 2018, 9:26:54 AM6/4/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
is the ID unique?

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:38 PM, Hai Nguyen <minersel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't quite understand this error. I select the element by ID and send keys to it, it doesn't work. But when I send keys after selecting the element with cssSelector or xPath, it works.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bharathi

srikanth samala

Jun 4, 2018, 11:27:24 AM6/4/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
First try to get the elements with the I'd if you get multiple elements then some element is hidden use displayed to check accurate element and pass send keys.