Selenium and Single Page Application

Viseth Chaing

Jun 28, 2020, 12:37:26 PM6/28/20
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Do you have any advice on how to script a Single Page Application with Selenium?
Are there any limitation, like the need to add extra wait time, the use of xpath or css selector more heavily ?

Thanks for your feedback,

Best Regards / Cordialement,

Viseth

Sai Krishna Pulivarthi

Jun 28, 2020, 7:28:47 PM6/28/20
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Yes you need to be using wait more excessively... but yes there is going to be a problem with the selectors when it comes to single page applications...unless your Devs are developing the application keeping automation in mind...

I know this point cannot be spoken here.. but I preferred using protractor for single page application... we would be needing some JavaScript for the protractor scripts..but it’s cool for the single page applications..

Sai