Actions class functions does not work gecko driver

Ankit Gupta

Jun 28, 2018, 6:39:15 AM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

My All Actions class methods like (moveToElement,contextclick etc.) working fine on Chrome but same code does not work fine on gecko driver.
I am using latest selenium server : 3.12, latest gecko driver 0.21

Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks,
Ankit

Hardik Thakkar

Jun 28, 2018, 8:23:09 AM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ankit,

U need to update gecko driver, sometimes it happens.
And check the path for the same.

Ankit Gupta

Jun 28, 2018, 9:09:35 AM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hardik,

I am already using the latest gecko driver and which path needs to be check?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Ankit Gupta <ankit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

My All Actions class methods like (moveToElement,contextclick etc.) working fine on Chrome but same code does not work fine on gecko driver.
I am using latest selenium server : 3.12, latest gecko driver 0.21

Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks,
Ankit

Deepak Thayat

Jun 28, 2018, 12:59:06 PM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Even I rollback to previous version and you can do it using cordinates.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 6:05 PM, Deepak Thayat <deepakt...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's deprecated in webDriver 3.0

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 5:52 PM, Hardik Thakkar <shree...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Ankit,

U need to update gecko driver, sometimes it happens.
And check the path for the same.
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Ankit Gupta <ankit...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

My All Actions class methods like (moveToElement,contextclick etc.) working fine on Chrome but same code does not work fine on gecko driver.
I am using latest selenium server : 3.12, latest gecko driver 0.21

Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks,
Ankit

Regards
Deepak Thayat

--
Regards
Deepak Thayat

Ankit Gupta

Jun 28, 2018, 1:59:34 PM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I can't change my code specific to the browser because it is working on Chrome.

Then how can I do this?

Nagendra Kuppala

Jun 28, 2018, 2:24:46 PM6/28/18
to Selenium Users
Can you check your version compatibility.

Selenium version = ???? ( Old selenium version supports, old gecko)
Gecko version = ????  (Up to date gecko needs, up to date firefox)
Firefox version = ????

Ankit Gupta

Jun 28, 2018, 2:53:40 PM6/28/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nagendra,

Currently, I am using all the latest version, Firefox-59, gecko-0.21, selenium: 3.12

Evangeline Ireland

Jun 28, 2018, 5:07:22 PM6/28/18
to Selenium Users
I've had similar problems with elements that are in a panel overlay. Code works in Chrome but not in Gecko. Using Selenium 3.4, gecko 0.21, and FF 60.
Selenium can find the element, but the click registers as a click under the panel. I have also tried "focusing" on the panel, but that doesn't help

Kiara Westbrooks

Jun 28, 2018, 8:26:51 PM6/28/18
to Selenium Users
I've ran into this problem before but the only solution I could think of was to use javascript to solve it. Try JavaScriptExecutor.