Interview Questions - Selenium, please help

praveen sharma

Dec 18, 2014, 1:50:24 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
hello all,

Can someone please help me by answering all the questions mentioned below. I have been asked these in one of the interviews recently

1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
2. How do you maintain your scripts
3. Database connectivity
4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

pranab singh

Dec 18, 2014, 1:56:02 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi praveen i have all ur answer but we people's really don have time.
Which ans u expect the most. Say me, will ans u. Soon in a sec

praveen sharma

Dec 18, 2014, 2:29:18 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
the 4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
and 7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

thanks

http://thebuddhatree.com/

Dec 18, 2014, 2:33:47 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praveen,

You may try on google. Above said question are quite common.

pranab singh

Dec 18, 2014, 3:26:13 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Ajax can be controlled by the expected conditions class ie using explicit wait conditions.You can give an amount of time to make the webdriver to wait until u expect some conditions to take place in the web browser.
You can check the expected and actual results using Assertion class eg.
Assert.you will have many methods to check.

praveen sharma

Dec 18, 2014, 5:57:02 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Rasthapuram Sai Chand

Dec 18, 2014, 5:59:28 AM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
TekSlate delivers selenium free tutorials emphasis on in-depth understanding of automation testing.tekslate.com/tutorials/selenium-tutorials/

Venkatesh Singh

Dec 18, 2014, 1:43:37 PM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
      helper methods, e.g reading properties file, connecting db

2. How do you maintain your scripts.
     maintenance has two parts to it, maintenance due to AUT changes and maintenance due to platform changes.
3. Database connectivity.

4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
5. Describe your framework
6. How to configure ANT
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation

Venkatesh Singh

Dec 18, 2014, 1:52:02 PM12/18/14

On Friday, 19 December 2014 00:13:37 UTC+5:30, Venkatesh Singh wrote:
1. Did you use the reusable methods in you scripts?
      helper methods, e.g reading properties file, connecting db

2. How do you maintain your scripts.
     maintenance has two parts to it, maintenance due to AUT changes and maintenance due to platform changes.
3. Database connectivity.
         depends on  programming language , for java http://www.javatpoint.com/steps-to-connect-to-the-database-in-java

4. Do you know how to handle the ajax using selenium
        ExplicitWait
5. Describe your framework.
6. How to configure ANT
       Create your build.xml, and within projects tag mention your targets.
7. How do you check the expected and actual results using automation
    import org.testng.Assert;

Oscar Rieken

Dec 18, 2014, 10:04:46 PM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why anyone would answer interview questions for someone else, if you dont know the answers, or know how to find the answers you probably should not apply or be considered for the position, but thats just my take on it

Krishnan Mahadevan

Dec 18, 2014, 10:11:52 PM12/18/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Not sure why people don't understand that these sort of stereo typed questions now appear only on websites which promise you of helping prepare you for an interview.

I don't think any interviewer resorts to asking such questions which can be readily googled for on the net.

Interviews are meant to bring out different aspects of your "real" experience and interviewers know how to extract them out.

As Oscar said... Thats just me hollering out my opinions.

Krishnan M
iSent.iPad.

total QA

Jun 14, 2018, 6:07:08 AM6/14/18
to Selenium Users
These questions might helpful to get more knowledge of selenium and java.