How can we run automation on multiple tenants(db's) and (TestNG v's BDD)

farheen khan

Mar 12, 2014, 7:12:14 AM3/12/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

We have automation framework built for fresh db where in we create base data in onwe module through automation and then verify  all the functionalities of other modules.

Now, the requirement is, we need to run the same automation on client db's without automation base data. We are supposed to use client data for testing the major modules.

Can this be done ?

One more question is:

We have testcases developed in keyword driven framework on selenium .Now we are planning to migrate to webdriver and change the framework to Page Object model.

Should we go for TestNG framework or any BDD framework.

Please advice.

--
Thanks and regards
Farheen Khan

Oscar Rieken

Mar 12, 2014, 7:22:58 AM3/12/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
One problem you will face is getting your data to be consistently correct. I'm sure no 2 clients will have the same types or data. I would think without creating your test data you could end up dealing with a lot of brittle tests( or more of tests work on one clients system, but not anothers due to missing data or different expectations)

I dont think you understand what BDD is. BDD is a style of software development.  A BDD Collaboration tool like Cucumber or jBehave. help you write out examples of what you are building in plain english. They still depend on a Testing framework to help them make those examples executable. Most BDD tools require you to use assertion lib's from a testing framework. TestNG is a unit testing framework.

farheen khan

Mar 12, 2014, 10:51:22 AM3/12/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I have implemented JBehave and Junit as the automation framework,but my question is ,which one is easy for the functional QA  to automate..

Just the TestNG or JBehave with Junit/TestNG.