Avoid getting CAPTCHA's on a bot-sensitive website

Jack Zhang

May 27, 2018, 9:14:56 AM5/27/18
to Selenium Users

I'm trying to scrape a login-only, bot-sensitive website. After logging in, when I perform a simple selenium function like driver.find_element_by_id('button').click(), the website displays a message along the lines of We think you are a bot. Please complete the CAPTCHA below to continue.

Is there any way for me to make selenium more human-like so I don't trigger CAPTCHA's?

I am using the ChromeDriver

Joe Ward

May 27, 2018, 9:47:16 AM5/27/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Well it's not wrong, is it? You are technically a bot in the situation you describe. Many websites introduce CAPTCHAs to avoid this type of scraping. If you are running some sort of automated test I would recommend that you take the advice in this link https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq#id-like-to-run-automated-tests-with-recaptcha-v2-what-should-i-do

Naruto Lee