Advice needed

Farmhill

Jul 6, 2020, 11:18:50 AM7/6/20
to Selenium Users
advice needed please, I would like to develop an app for my home broadband router. It has a web interface but it's clunky to navigate. I would like to create an app to perform the simple router tasks over https. I'm not a developer but I'm hoping to learn by doing this app. I've seen many platforms and I'm trying to find the right tools to achieve my goal, do you think Selenium will help me on this quest. Please advise!! Thanks in advance

Gaurav Pandey

Jul 6, 2020, 1:04:16 PM7/6/20
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Probably, Selenium would not be the correct solution.
1. Most router/wifi brands already have mobile apps to manage. You might want to check out the manufacturer's website

2. You might want to head to Github to find solutions, alternatively, you might want to check out Telnet or NetCat (if on mac)
The command line would assist you in playing with the router.
3. Also - if you are not "satisfied" with the UI/features - you might want to check dd-wrt and replace the firmware of your router.
Most of the solutions mentioned above require you to "typically" write code, however, a computer technical savviness would be required to play with

I hope you understand that this is Selenium forum.
We might both get kicked out - if we discuss this further :->