Question related to Selenium Grid

bharathi sriram

Jun 20, 2018, 1:37:56 PM6/20/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am looking for some help in the Selenium Grid area.
I have the hub-nodes setup done.
I have questions as below:
1. I plan to run the tests on 3 different browsers in windows 7 VM.
I believe I need to setup 3 nodes on the same VM(one for testing in browser1, second for testing in browser2 and the third for testing in browser 3)
Is this right understanding?

2. In the parameters, should I provide the grid IP/wd/hub? or should I provide individual node IP/wd/hub?

Please let me know.

--
Thanks and Best Regards,
Bharathi

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jun 20, 2018, 10:59:48 PM6/20/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Answers in-line.

For a much more detailed understanding of the selenium grid and some of the customizations that is possible around it, please take a look at my blog : https://rationaleemotions.github.io/gridopadesham/

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

From: <seleniu...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of bharathi sriram <bsh...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 11:07 PM
To: <seleniu...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [selenium-users] Question related to Selenium Grid

Hello,

I am looking for some help in the Selenium Grid area.

I have the hub-nodes setup done.

I have questions as below:

1. I plan to run the tests on 3 different browsers in windows 7 VM.

I believe I need to setup 3 nodes on the same VM(one for testing in browser1, second for testing in browser2 and the third for testing in browser 3)

Is this right understanding?

[Krishnan] Nope. Not necessarily true. You can have one selenium node itself support all the 3 browsers. The node by default supports 1 IE, 5 Firefox and 5 Chrome instances.

2. In the parameters, should I provide the grid IP/wd/hub? or should I provide individual node IP/wd/hub?

[Krishnan] You should always refer to the Grid IP in your test. The grid will take care of routing the test to the appropriate node.

Please let me know.

--

Thanks and Best Regards,

Bharathi

bharathi sriram

Jun 21, 2018, 9:40:32 AM6/21/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response Krishnan! I will read through your blog for more info.

-Bharathi