Robot class with selenium webdriver

bharathi sriram

Apr 26, 2018, 6:07:19 PM4/26/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I have a need to automate windows pop up with Robot class. can someone guide me in this direction?
Testcase is:
On the UI, I click on a button, which triggers an email. I have to verify the subject line and the To address in the email client.
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yogesh Khachane

Apr 27, 2018, 11:44:49 PM4/27/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bharthi,

If your windows popup is alert unexpectedly comes then you can create custom alert function with return boolean then you can use following code

if(alert){

accept alert;

}else{

syso("NO ALert Present.")

}

With Best Regards,
Yogesh  Khachane
Automation Developer
+91-9764953754

Mohanraj K

Apr 27, 2018, 11:47:59 PM4/27/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Wt type of help u need?

----
Disclaimer:
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.

bharathi sriram

Apr 29, 2018, 7:48:11 PM4/29/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi-
I have started using sikuli api, not sure which one is better, sikuli or robot class. I need some input on deciding which way to proceed.
I tried using windowhandles, but did not get any ID for the email client pop up.

My scenario is:
1. Click on a button in the web UI, that opens a email client - I have to assert on the subject line/To address.

Thanks,
Bharathi

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 4:25 PM, Mohanraj K <mohanraj....@chainsys.com> wrote:
Wt type of help u need?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, 3:37 AM bharathi sriram <bsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a need to automate windows pop up with Robot class. can someone guide me in this direction?
Testcase is:
On the UI, I click on a button, which triggers an email. I have to verify the subject line and the To address in the email client.
Any help is much appreciated.

----
Disclaimer:
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bharathi

bharathi sriram

Apr 29, 2018, 7:51:13 PM4/29/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yogesh-
Its not an web alert, its an email pop up.

Thanks,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 3:36 AM, bharathi sriram <bsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a need to automate windows pop up with Robot class. can someone guide me in this direction?
Testcase is:
On the UI, I click on a button, which triggers an email. I have to verify the subject line and the To address in the email client.
Any help is much appreciated.

With Best Regards,
Yogesh  Khachane
Automation Developer
+91-9764953754

Naveen Kumar

bsh...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2018, 11:14:25 PM4/29/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naveen,
Thanks for your suggestion. what is au3? Could u please elaborate?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone

Naveen Kumar

Apr 29, 2018, 11:17:43 PM4/29/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Refer this link https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
I used it to handle window pop-up may be it helps u

bharathi sriram

Apr 29, 2018, 11:41:58 PM4/29/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will read thro it.