Selenium node stop working

hadar

Jun 30, 2018, 12:23:10 AM6/30/18
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I have selenium server 3.6.0 that has 10 selenium nodes connected.

After some hours of work some of the nodes stop working.

Is it known issue?
Do I need to restart the nodes ?

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Jun 30, 2018, 12:27:13 AM6/30/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Can you elaborate a bit more ?

What nodes stop working ? Are they the ones who were taking test traffic or are they the ones that were idle ?

How are you ascertaining that the node has stopped working ? Did the JVM crash or did u see an exception such as Outofmemoryerror ?

What happens when you move to using the latest released version of selenium (I think it's now 3.13)

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

pranab singh

Jun 30, 2018, 12:44:08 AM6/30/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I too had the same problem. Create a batch file to kill and restart the nodes again and continue the same.

Thanks
Pranab

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Jun 30, 2018, 2:10:59 AM6/30/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Rather than using a batch file to kill the node (who is going to invoke it ? How do you know which node conked before you do it? What if you had a dozen nodes that went dead. Would you login to each of them and do this ? ) You should look at leveraging auto healing baked into selenium grid.

For that you can take a look at

2  maybe selenium grid extras from Groupon (https://github.com/groupon/Selenium-Grid-Extras) or
3  maybe look at an on demand grid that I built which is backed by docker and which does away with a node running all the time (https://github.com/RationaleEmotions/just-ask

There are a lot more such interesting work that already has been built to solve this problem.

hadar

Jul 3, 2018, 8:06:54 AM7/3/18
to Selenium Users
I have selenium server (3.6.0) with 20 nodes connected to it.
I have 2 terminal server with remote desktop connection open to each node since I am using Java Robot library to upload files.
I add servelt to each node to make the upload file (Entering value to input element not works in this application)
That mean also that the java process of the node need to be running in the session opened by the rmote desktop.

I run every day nightly run and once a while I see that all nodes stop working.
I try to increase Xmx value.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jul 3, 2018, 11:48:31 PM7/3/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

You may want to consider stuff such as a self healing grid that I mentioned about in one of my previous posts on this thread.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan