Open-source Selenium code

Mohan Radhakrishnan

Dec 4, 2017, 4:34:22 PM12/4/17
to Selenium Users
Hi,
            I am interested in recommending good OO or functional approaches to a team that is just starting to use Selenium. The PageObject Factory enables use to initialize
and work with part of the page. Started adopting this. Moreover the Fluent API is interesting too.

Are there large OSS projects that use Selenium ? I would like to read their source to get more ideas.

Thanks,
Mohan

Krishnan Mahadevan

Dec 4, 2017, 10:11:27 PM12/4/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Mohan,

Am pretty sure that there are a lot of OSS projects that use Selenium, but they all would be Selenium frameworks . Are you looking for that ?

Here’s a small list in no specific order:

SeLion : https://github.com/paypal/SeLion/

Serenity : https://github.com/serenity-bdd/serenity-core

RedwoodHQ : http://redwoodhq.com

Galen : http://galenframework.com

Gauge : https://getgauge.io

SimpleSe- PageObjects : https://github.com/RationaleEmotions/simplese [ I built this as an alternative to PageFactory and code generation that people resort to, for building page objects ]. Its just meant to be an option for working with Page Objects.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

Vikram

Dec 7, 2017, 6:28:24 AM12/7/17
to Selenium Users

I am using Serenity since last 4 years and I highly recommend it

- BDD ( Cucumber ) support

- project is maintained on regular basis

- Parallel run support

- nice reports

- big community

- can be used for mobile and api automation as well.

Regards,
Vikram