Need help in flash automation

aditya ramji

Apr 11, 2018, 4:03:51 AM4/11/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Friends need help on following I am working on a web-based application having mix of HTML and Flash i have automated my module and it is working on my pc screen; but when i am running it in my laptop, having small screens 14-15 inches the script fails, I am using sikuli to automate so I have basically 3 doubts 1. Is there any-way as by using sikuli; I can maintain the script to run in both screens as tomorrow it may fail for some other screen 2. Substitute for sikuli; Because it looks more of a temporary as a temporary tool with not much of future prespects; I used Sikuli because I had to automate flash so 3. Best way to automate flash using selenium web driver. Any leads would be helpful in this regard.

That Guy

Apr 26, 2018, 12:48:13 AM4/26/18
to Selenium Users
If you're using AIR then Sikuli is pretty much your best bet I'm afraid (p.s. I am not necessarily sure if this is the best place for that discussion).

When I was in a similar position to you I took steps to ensure whatever I ran Sikuli on had the same screen size, whether that be through forcing a particular screen resolution or xvfb or something similar.

aditya ramji

Apr 26, 2018, 12:57:48 AM4/26/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
That's helpful thanks, would look into this more.

But any help regarding how to automate flash without sikuli?

Joe Ward

Apr 26, 2018, 8:04:22 AM4/26/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid not, Flash isn't exactly booming these days. GorillaLogic used to do something called "FlexMonkey" before it was bought by Oracle. There are some old clones of an older repo on GitHub if you fancy figuring out how it works and trying for yourself: https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=flexmonkey.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26032706/how-to-get-sikuli-working-in-headless-mode/26032780#26032780