Issues running app from Task Scheduler

kSte...@glofin.com

Apr 23, 2018, 10:01:38 AM4/23/18
to Selenium Users
Hello All,
I have a simple console app, that I can run from Visual Studio, and I can run it from double clicking on the exe file.
But now I want to have this run under the Task Scheduler on a daily basis, but it will not run under admin credz when "Run whether user is logged on or not" is selected.

Has anyone found a solution on why it will not run like this?
Any help or advice will be helpful.
Thanks,
Keith.

ANoQA

Apr 23, 2018, 10:50:34 PM4/23/18
to Selenium Users
Chromedriver cannot be run with elevated privileges. Likely to avoid malicious use. Schedule to run without elevated permissions.

ANoQA

Apr 23, 2018, 10:51:48 PM4/23/18
to Selenium Users
I would also recommend to run when user is logged in to provide a more realistic GUI.

kSte...@glofin.com

Apr 24, 2018, 10:38:34 AM4/24/18
to Selenium Users
I am using the firefox driver, and I did try unchecking the elevated permissions but that did not work.
I am not too concerned with the GUI, I just need the console app to run when logged in or not.

I am still having issue with this, if "Run whether user is logged on or not" is selected my app will not run, but when run when user is logged this is checked it runs just fine, but this is not my desired result.
I am running the firefox driver with the "-headless" option on so I don't see the browser, is there any other flag to set for the browser or the driver to get this to run.

Thanks,
K.