Selenium with IE 11

ases...@palo-it.com

Jun 19, 2018, 6:27:09 AM6/19/18
to Selenium Users

I am looking forward to get below help .

I was doing Test Automation for an application in Chrome with Xpaths . It was working well. But now I have a requirement to use the same suite to do cross browser testing in IE 11 .

Currently Using 2.39 IE Webdriver for Selenium . I am able to open browser but with my X path with which had my script ,not working with X path in IE 11 .

So here is my Question

  1. Will I be able to use the Xpath used for chrome to do automation in IE 11
  2. Also I found Execution is slower in IE 11 when compared to chrome
  3. Do we have any X path Checker in IE 11 similarly in Chrome,Firefox .My requirement is to check all the x paths i used for chrome works in IE or not.But i dont know how should i check .
  4. I understand from all the forums to go with CSS instead of X path , I can also do the same but just to understand is the X path same across Chrome and IE 11
  5. Last i would like to understand a basic thing, when we say Xpath native support not present in ie browser -what do we mean

PS : I used Capabilities Ignorezoomsetting to true,require window focus to true ,native elements to false for Internet Explorer

Please Experts , its on a high priority im writing ,hope you understand and help me knowing Answers at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance

Mike Hetzer

Jun 19, 2018, 11:56:45 AM6/19/18
to Selenium Users
https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/InternetExplorerDriver

Check out the "Required Configurations" section on this page and make sure you configured your IE correctly prior to starting.
Otherwise your driver might just start up and only that - it won't seem to execute anything past that.
Which is what I gathered was happening from what you wrote.

If not, you will need to provide more detail as to what exceptions your are getting, etc.