Issues with Login Automation -- "Access Denied"

tommy c

Jul 3, 2018, 10:25:36 PM7/3/18
to Selenium Users
Hello all,

I have been google'in and searching here for my specific/general selenium log in issues. Can't find much on my issue.

Problem that I am having is regarding login automation @ https://www.costco.com/Logon.

Error message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.costco.com/Logon" on this server.

Is it timing issues? I tried delaying with different times and also automated random search activities before trying to login.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle McGonagle

Jul 5, 2018, 11:54:26 PM7/5/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Tommy,

Hard to say what could be a cause without knowing more...
Could you post some additional details, like the browser your using, selenium / driver versions, etc.?
And if possible, could you also post the script your trying to execute?

Kyle

Todd Bradley

Jul 6, 2018, 12:17:30 AM7/6/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
That’s the same error I get when I visit that URL interactively. So it seems your Selenium script is doing the right thing. Were you expecting some other behavior? Notice that the web server behaves different if you leave off the training slash.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

tommy c

Jul 6, 2018, 10:52:42 AM7/6/18
to Selenium Users
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for the response.

This is what I am using:
Windows 10:   64bit
PyCharm:        2018.1.4 (community V)
chrome driver: 2.4.0
chrome:           67.0.3396.99
Selenium:        3.13.0
pip:                  9.0.3

Snippet of code:

from selenium import webdriver
import time

from selenium.webdriver.chrome.webdriver import WebDriver
from selenium.webdriver.common.keys import Keys

# instantiate chrome driver
driver = webdriver.Chrome("C:\Users\SHP\PycharmProjects\FirstSeleniumTest\drivers\chromedriver.exe")

driver.set_page_load_timeout("10")
driver.get("https://www.costco.com/LogonForm")
time.sleep(3)
driver.find_element_by_id("logonId").send_keys("e_mail@e_mail.com")
time.sleep(3)
driver.find_element_by_name("logonPassword").send_keys("password_1")
time.sleep(2)
driver.find_element_by_class_name("primary").click()

Thanks,
Tommy

tommy c

Jul 6, 2018, 10:56:43 AM7/6/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the reply.

That is a different error. "Sorry we are unable to process your request".

I am able to get to the login form and able to automate the fill. Just the automation of the click fails the whole login process.

What works is that if it automates the fill, but I click "Sign In" manually.

-Tommy