How do you OPEN Selenium IDE addon after installing it Firefox?

bobbit...@gmail.com

May 3, 2018, 10:38:00 PM5/3/18
to Selenium Users
For the old Selenium IDE (pre Quantum), you'd get a "Selenium IDE" menu item under Tools, but for the new Selenium IDE addon, I see nothing.

It's upsetting that it's this unobvious how to just open a new addon.  I tried two different machines so I know it's nothing wrong with Firefox itself.

Kathryn Butterly

May 4, 2018, 10:57:47 PM5/4/18
to Selenium Users
I had the same issue just yesterday.  From the menu at the top right, click Customize.  You should see a panel on the left with your selenium icon.  Drag that to the tool bar next to the address bar.

bobbit...@gmail.com

May 7, 2018, 5:50:22 PM5/7/18
to Selenium Users
Thanks.  I use a desktop with a large screen, so the first thing I do after installing Firefox is to permanently show the menu bar (View >> Toolbars >> Menu Bar).  I wasn't paying attention to the newly available icons and I don't even use the popup menu you referred to that much.  (It looks like it accesses the same features as the menu bar, though.)

So the bottom line is that there isn't any menu entry for Selenium IDE now - just that icon.

Apparently, desktop users (who have plenty of room) have been thrown under the bus in favor of tablet and phone users - but what software developer sits in a cube and develops on a tablet or phone all day long?  Even iPhone and Android devs probably use desktops with emulator environments.  I've noticed similar trends in OS X trying to hide the local part of the URL in Safari - which makes no sense on a desktop

Sigh.