IE Webdriver exceptions and timeouts

Kenneth Exton

Jul 9, 2018, 4:26:41 PM7/9/18
to Selenium Users
So in several of my automated test scripts at random spots I keep getting the below error

OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:62112/session/bbf78352-7586-4c16-9264-3b5affb4de69/element/8a933d14-fffc-4138-8d40-9d703b352d0b/click timed out after 60 seconds. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

Now after some research one of the first possible solutions I found was to up the timeout time via the line of code below:

InternetExplorerOptions options = new InternetExplorerOptions();

options.RequireWindowFocus = true;

Driver = new InternetExplorerDriver("C:\\Selenium\\IEDriver", options, TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5));

This resulted in the error changing to this:

OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException: The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:62112/session/bbf78352-7586-4c16-9264-3b5affb4de69/element/8a933d14-fffc-4138-8d40-9d703b352d0b/click timed out after 300 seconds. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

I have also tried to update the windows registry keys to add values for turning on the BF CACHE, ReceiveTimeout, KeepAliveTimeout, as well as the server info timeout. None of these seem to completely solve the problem.

The last option I have is to update the webdriver but I do not know if that will fix this problem. I am running out of options. Is there something I am missing? In all of the message boards I have read on the topic it seems many others have had a similar problem all the way back to early 2016 with no apparent solution provided by selenium.

Cassian Raja Thomas

Jul 9, 2018, 9:35:44 PM7/9/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com