Concurrent Screenshot bug

Eran Shahar

Jul 1, 2018, 10:09:00 AM7/1/18
to Selenium Users
Hi all,

I found a bug which I believe to be severe.

When you request concurrently from selenium, to take a screenshot of different screens (different url navigated), same screenshot returns from both urls instead of 2 unique screenshots.

This code reproduce the issue: https://github.com/eranshahar/selenium-bug

It sends concurrently 20 screenshots requests for 20 different urls and validate the output it's 20 unique screenshot. It runs in a loop until bug occurrence.

The bug reproduces on versions 3.6.0 and above, including latest version.

Expected Behaviour - 20 different unique screenshots
Actual Behaviour - 2 duplicate screenshots and 18 others unique

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Eran

Krishnan Mahadevan

Jul 1, 2018, 2:04:50 PM7/1/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Eran,

Just re-iterating what I stated as a comment on your bug.

Can you please retry against the selenium standalone’s latest release version 3.13 selenium grid setup and see if you can reproduce the problem ?

Docker selenium shouldn’t be any different from the standalone instance running, except for the containerized abstraction.

I was able to run for 18 iterations after which my Mac crashed, but the test didn’t fail with the error you have added (and I didn’t see the JVM exit as well).

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan