selecting an option from the dropdown list populated on a page after a search

Neel DVI

Dec 23, 2013, 2:29:16 AM12/23/13
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

       I have to select an option, from the dropdown list, which has been populated on a page after a search for a value.

ex:

  there is a address field text box , where user enters for suppose '32 Ring st' and then clicks on search button.
which then loads the page with a dropdown list box containing few address which are present in that country.

Issue :
 When I select one of the option from the  dropdown list box and rerun it in selenium ide it gives me the following error:
[error] Option with label '32 RING ST, TOWNSEND NSW 2463' not found

i have used the xpath and all still it does not detect

Please help me

Thanks in advance

Oscar Rieken

Dec 23, 2013, 10:48:39 PM12/23/13
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
you might need to wait until there are options in the select before you try to find it

nani.thrinath.info

Dec 25, 2013, 11:31:59 AM12/25/13
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
System will take time to load the drop down values after refresh the page!
You need to use WAIT commands according to that element!

Thrinath