Unable to open any website as chromes crashes using selenium with excel vba

Ratan Bhushan

May 29, 2017, 4:35:21 AM5/29/17
to Selenium Users
Hi team

I am running a very small script using excel vba. where I am launching the chrome to open website, but immediately it crashes and doesnot work.

Please help.

I have included selenium type library also in excel.

I have attached the file.

Please help.

Thanks
RatanB
Selenium Testing.xlsm

Monika Singhal

May 29, 2017, 5:07:57 AM5/29/17
to Selenium Users
Hi,

Please use the latest chrome-driver for your test script.

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

Ratan Bhushan

May 29, 2017, 5:19:39 AM5/29/17
to Selenium Users
Latest chrome driver???

I didnt get... it means latest chrome setup?

Ratan Bhushan

May 29, 2017, 5:19:40 AM5/29/17
to Selenium Users
Thanks monika for reply...

I am trying to install but I am getting an error in com prompt that only local connections are allowed.

What to do now??

Please advise.

Shawn McCarthy

May 29, 2017, 3:14:22 PM5/29/17
to Selenium Users
That , "only local connections are allowed" , is not an error.

jc

May 30, 2017, 1:23:01 AM5/30/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
check the chromedriver.exe version and chrome browser version compatability

Monika Singhal

May 30, 2017, 2:13:52 AM5/30/17
to Selenium Users
Hi Ratan,

Please download the latest chrome driver from https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/chromedriver/downloads

Thanks & Regards,
Monika

Gordon Prince

Jun 12, 2017, 12:59:54 AM6/12/17
to Selenium Users
After downloading the driver, where do I put it? I this is rudimentary, but I'm having trouble getting started. Thanks.

Monika Singhal

Jun 12, 2017, 2:09:50 AM6/12/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can put it anywhere in your local machine.

After that you can just specify the path of chrome driver in your program:

Webdriver driver=  System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "C:\\chromedriver.exe");
driver.get(give URL here);

Gordon Prince

Jun 12, 2017, 11:37:42 AM6/12/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue.

I found the problem, though. A copy of chromedriver.exe installed with SeleniumBasic in
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SeleniumBasic. When I replaced that with the newly downloaded chromedriver.exe, the problem resolved.

I'm posting the fix here so it's available for the next person to check, too.

Freddy Vega

Jun 12, 2017, 2:34:48 PM6/12/17
to Selenium Users
Gordon,

The solution that worked is not what you described here. The solution was actually to use a different chromedriver.exe (which you are now and thats why it worked). The fact that _your_ chromedriver.exe was in AppData\Local\SeleniumBasic is really irrelevant to the original error.