How to use resolve_ip?

Damian Haynes

Jul 7, 2018, 12:03:25 AM7/7/18
to Selenium Users
Hi there,

We have an issue Selenium is force resolving the IP of the host before sending it, the header then becomes ipaddress:80 rather than hub.browserstack.com:80 and the Squid is rejecting it as an invalid header.

There is a way of forcing Selenium to not resolve. Not sure how to modify the setup for this, maybe it is using resolve_ip=false option?

The code we have is below, and we would like to now use this option of resolve_ip - just not sure how to implement

Open Browser To URL With Browserstack
${URL}= Get Environment Variable URL
${CAPABILITIES}= Create Dictionary os=Windows browser=Chrome browserstack.local=true
Open Browser ${URL} browser=chrome remote_url=${BROWSERSTACK} desired_capabilities=${CAPABILITIES}