License of net.jcip.annotations in selenium-server-standalone-3.141.59.jar

joerg.ren...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2020, 12:57:53 AM8/20/20
to Selenium Developers

short and crisp:
Is there a link to the CC BY 2.5 license or a copy of it used by the classes in selenium-server-standalone-3.141.59.jar\net\jcip\annotations\ inside the selenium-server-standalone-3.141.59.jar?

long version:
The standalone server does contain as far as i can tell classes provided under AL 2.0 / CDDL 1.0 and CC BY 2.5.
I could find copies of AL 2.0 and CDDL 1.0 inside the jar, but i was not able to find the CC BY 2.5 or the link to it as required under 4. Restrictions / a) link to the license
Is there a link or a copy of the license?

Thanks in advance!
Jörg

Simon Stewart

Jul 28, 2021, 3:29:15 AM7/28/21
to selenium-developers
Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I think that this is a problem with the upstream jar. Downloading and inspecting the maven artifact shows no license is included in that, and there's no license included in the maven descriptor. Could you please contact the maintainer of the upstream package and ask them to fix this?

However, you are right that the license does require a link or copy of it. I've raised https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/issues/9689 so that we can do the Right Thing while waiting for an upstream fix.

Kind regards,

Simon