Andreas Tolfsen

Jun 9, 2017, 12:14:29 PM6/9/17
to tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-...@googlegroups.com, seleniu...@googlegroups.com
I’m pleased to announce the 0.17.0 release of geckodriver.

geckodriver is the Mozilla implementation of the WebDriver remote
control interface for Gecko, and provides an HTTPD proxy that translates
the WebDriver protocol to the Firefox remote protocol, known as
Marionette.

The release binaries can be found in the usual place:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/tag/v0.17.0

You can consult the change log for a record of all notable changes to
the program:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/blob/release/CHANGES.md

The release adds new endpoints for making the window fullscreen, and
endpoints for installing and uninstalling extensions. It is worth
pointing out that it is possible to use geckodriver to install unsigned
extensions, which is a feature Mozilla uses this extensively in our own
automation of Firefox.

You will also no longer be prompted if you include a username and a
password when logging in to a site, and we’ve also fixed a Windows
specific issue where the Firefox binary path got normalised incorrectly.
This should resolve any issues you might have experienced with using
specific Firefox builds on Windows.

The Set Window Rect command now returns the effective window rect after
it is done. geckodriver also now returns a ‘session not created’
error instead of ‘unknown error’ when there is no current session.
There was also a Windows-specific fix for log output formatting.

WebDriver implementation status can be tracekd on MDN, and covers both
geckodriver and Firefox:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver/status

We recommend using a release channel version of Firefox, but as this
is pre-release software, it is generally true that the more recent the
Firefox version, the better your experience will be.

Kendall Schmidt

Jun 9, 2017, 12:37:52 PM6/9/17
to Selenium Users, tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Are there any Selenium binding dependencies/recommendations? For example, geckodriver v0.16.1 required (I think) using Selenium v3.4.0 (or maybe v3.3.1?)

Thanks.

Kendall Schmidt

Jun 9, 2017, 12:43:59 PM6/9/17
to Selenium Users, tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Regarding "...no longer be prompted if you include a username and a password...", will this happen automatically? Or do I need to explicitly "...increase the length of the network.http.phishy-userpass-length preference..." in my DesiredCapabilities?  If so, what length value should be used to accomplish this?