"Bundle install" Error

Cornelius Knopp

Jul 22, 2019, 8:11:52 AM7/22/19
to SEEK Developers
Hi,
i ran into the following problem when trying to install SEEK from GitHub.
Everything works fine until i execute the command
bundle install
When installing the dependencies,
can't be reached. Neither by server nor by client itself.

Fetching source index from https://rails-assets.org/
Retrying fetcher due to error (2/4): Bundler::HTTPError Could not fetch specs from https://rails-assets.org/
Retrying fetcher due to error (3/4): Bundler::HTTPError Could not fetch specs from https://rails-assets.org/
Retrying fetcher due to error (4/4): Bundler::HTTPError Could not fetch specs from https://rails-assets.org/
Could not fetch specs from https://rails-assets.org/

Is this problem already known? And is there any workaround?

Best regards
Cornelius

----
Specs:
Linux Ubuntu 18.4.2
SEEK v. 1.9.0

Stuart Owen

Jul 22, 2019, 11:45:50 AM7/22/19
to seek-de...@googlegroups.com

It sounds like a problem with https://rails-assets.org . We sometimes come across this, but its OK if we try again after a short while. Is it working for you now?

regards,

Stuart

Cornelius Knopp

Jul 23, 2019, 7:39:32 AM7/23/19
to SEEK Developers
Hi,
Rails-Assets.org wasn't up % running yesterday. Today the platform is running, the `bundle install`still doesn't runs.
It seems, the rails-assets.org is still not working completely.

I manually downloaded, renamed and installed all gems (mainly from other github repos).
But this way doesn't work, as the individual gems have other versions.

Therefore i will wait until Rails-Assets.org is completely up again.

regards,
Cornelius

Stuart Owen

Jul 23, 2019, 8:36:47 AM7/23/19
to seek-de...@googlegroups.com

If this is a clean install, have you thought about using Docker, and our Docker compose setup: https://docs.seek4science.org/tech/docker/docker-compose.html

This already has all the gems installed, and is a quick way of getting up and running, and doing upgrades.

regards,

Stuart

Cornelius Knopp

Jul 23, 2019, 3:16:34 PM7/23/19
to SEEK Developers
It's supposed to be a development instance to configure the OmniAuth-LDAP integration.
The productive instance runs perfect with docker, but the possibilities of configuring the OmniAuth are limited, as the docker-container is removed for every restart.

I might have to wait until Rails-Assets.org is again fully online.

Regards
Cornelius