Latest acquisition

Mark Garlanger

Oct 26, 2021, 12:00:11 AM10/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't pass on this one... only $250, but had to drive 3 hours each way... Luckily I was able to combine the trip and take care of something else at the same time.

Hero_Robot.jpg

norberto...@koyado.com

Oct 26, 2021, 12:28:52 AM10/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

Very nice and congratulations!

Norby

image001.jpg

Glenn Roberts

Oct 26, 2021, 5:22:18 AM10/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Craigslist?

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 26, 2021, at 12:00 AM, Mark Garlanger <garl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Couldn't pass on this one... only $250, but had to drive 3 hours each way... Luckily I was able to combine the trip and take care of something else at the same time.

<Hero_Robot.jpg>

Dan Emrick

Oct 26, 2021, 8:26:08 AM10/26/21
to SEBHC
Wow, Mark,

I've long been impressed with your Heathkit collection(s), but now I'm totally envious!

Great find - and around here (DC area) a 2 hour one-way daily commute is not unusual so I'd say your trip was a good and very reasonable investment.

Dan

Mark Garlanger

Oct 26, 2021, 9:35:53 AM10/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Norberto/Dan,

   Thanks, the collection has gotten a bit out of control, but can't seem to stop. And can't complain too much about the drive, since it did save the shipping costs/risk of damage.

Glenn,

    Yes, from craigslist.

Mark

Joseph Travis

Oct 26, 2021, 10:24:21 AM10/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
That's awesome!  I still remember when Jim Lytle went on a national tour with the first HERO-1.  He came to several stores in SoCal then appeared on national and local TV.  I saw him again at a Heathkit holiday dinner.  Terrific guy!

Joe Travis n6ypc

Darrell Pelan

Oct 29, 2021, 9:50:16 PM10/29/21
to SEBHC