Tape 448-253

Glenn Roberts

Oct 28, 2022, 6:17:46 AM10/28/22
to <sebhc@googlegroups.com>
There’s an ebay listing for Heathkit cassette tape 448-253. The tape contains no other label to describe its content. Anyone know if this is useful? Could just be a blank tape I suppose. I looked at the seller’s other listings but didn’t see anything else relevant.

Sent from my iPad

Richard Davis Jr.

Oct 28, 2022, 6:42:36 AM10/28/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
My guess is blank tapes since they have 10 of them.

Rick

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022, 6:17 AM Glenn Roberts <glenn.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
There’s an ebay listing for Heathkit cassette tape 448-253. The tape contains no other label to describe its content. Anyone know if this is useful?  Could just be a blank tape I suppose. I looked at the seller’s other listings but didn’t see anything else relevant.

Sent from my iPad

Glenn Roberts

Oct 28, 2022, 7:45:57 AM10/28/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Duh. I missed that. Thx!

Sent from my iPad

john

Oct 28, 2022, 10:21:20 AM10/28/22
to SEBHC
They are blank tapes.
448-253 is the Heathkit part number for a blank tape.
See: "Serial I/O and Cassette Interface Card Manual" page 6.

-J

Douglas Miller

Oct 28, 2022, 1:43:27 PM10/28/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

OR, at least the tapes *were* blank when purchased from Heath...

norberto.collado koyado.com

Oct 28, 2022, 2:46:41 PM10/28/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

About 40+ years old. I wonder if you can open the case and put a new tape in.