8" floppy drives - pickup only.

norberto.collado koyado.com

Jun 27, 2021, 1:03:22 PM6/27/21
to SEBHC List
I would like to buy these 8' floppy drives for my H8 system but is only pickup. Can someone help me out?

Heathkit H-207-40 8" floppy case with drives and more

Norberto 🙂
I'm also including all my 8" drives, 6 in all. I also will include a box of 10 new Maxell 8" floppies. Also included is the back panel connector for the Z-100/Z120 computers, not shown. The 8" floppy drives are in various states of working order.

Steven Feinsmith

Jun 27, 2021, 3:35:26 PM6/27/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I checked, and oh gosh, seven hours driving from my place to that place to pick up. It means 14 plus hours round trip. I hope someone may live near that place to help you.

Take care,
Steven

s shumaker

Jun 27, 2021, 5:05:04 PM6/27/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Sometimes (varies greatly  based on the store manager and distance involved) a UPS Store local to the address will pickup for a fee.
I've used this with some success for Craigs List and other auctions

Steve

Steven Feinsmith

Jun 27, 2021, 6:37:07 PM6/27/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Yes, UPS can do that, but one warning, they are too stupid to understand the antistatic requirement.

Steven

Stephen Buck

Jun 27, 2021, 7:49:02 PM6/27/21
to SEBHC
I might be able to help as I'm picking up some DEC gear in Michigan in the next week or two and driving back to Colorado. Where are you located and how can I help?
Steve

David Troendle

Jun 27, 2021, 8:31:33 PM6/27/21
to SEBHC
There is a possible way this could work.  If you were to pick up the drives from Fairfield, OH, take them home with you and package them, then Norby could schedule a pick from your house.

norberto.collado koyado.com

Jun 27, 2021, 11:51:39 PM6/27/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I'm in Hillsboro, Oregon. If you can buy them, pick them up, bring them to the nearest UPS store to send them to me to me that will be great. They will pack everything for you. Just let me know how much I need to send you perhaps via PayPal.

Thanks,
Norberto

Jun 28, 2021, 12:54:44 AM6/28/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
That listing has been up at least once before this one. I think, I saw a bid on it, but they must not have been local, so it was relisted.

Mark

Darrell Pelan

Jun 28, 2021, 10:18:46 AM6/28/21
to SEBHC
A shame they sold already. Sorry I didn't see this in time.

 Darrell

Joseph Travis

Jun 28, 2021, 11:48:47 AM6/28/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I have a few storage bins with 5.25" and 8" drives, half and full height.  I also have no name cabinets with power supplies for the 5.25" drives.  I need to do an inventory to determine exactly what I have.

I'm still searching for a H8 (going on 3 years now) and would be interested in trades.

Regards,
Joe Travis