H8-2020 update

Glenn Roberts

Oct 2, 2021, 9:43:03 PM10/2/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

I was able to install longer screws and spacers to leave room between the PC style power supply and the back of the chassis.  This created the clearance I needed to install the standard heat sink bar (not that it’s needed for heat – these cards all run cool, but for looks/completeness and to hold the cards in place).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CivPnLk67qYmrXnK6

the power supply screws were M3 metric (.5mm thread spacing).  I was pleasantly surprised at the hardware selection at my local Ace hardware.  I was able to get anything I needed there.

I have put the wooden side panel project toward the back of my priority list for now.  It will take some practice and probably better tools to install the brass fittings to hold the #6-32 screws. I broke some of these fittings trying to screw them into the hard cherry – may need to try stainless… I’ll get to it at some point…

Since I have all the power I could want it was also easy to attach 5.25” H17 style drive and 3.5” floppy for if/when I need them.  the H8D utility in ROM works great now that we’ve got the right software versions in place…

https://photos.app.goo .gl/8Ftatspx8HN7SxFY9

  • Glenn

Message has been deleted

Les Bird

Oct 3, 2021, 6:10:57 PM10/3/21
to SEBHC
Nice work Glenn, looks really nice.

I fixed your link which had a space in it so was broken:

Les

Gery Kissel

Oct 3, 2021, 6:46:39 PM10/3/21
to SEBHC
Glenn,
I have been admiring from afar.
Great job!
Gery

Norberto Collado

Oct 4, 2021, 1:38:18 AM10/4/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

Nice “Bluex” H8 system. I like those Blue LEDs. The system looks beautiful.

Thanks,

Norberto