I Have Received the HA-8-3-1 v1.1 Boards

Todd Goodman

Jul 20, 2022, 1:02:21 PM7/20/22
to SEBHC
Hi,

Unfortunately I ran out of the boards that Terry graciously gave to the group but I've received the HA-8-3-1 v1.1 boards from my board house.

They're US$20 each.

Please send me private email if you're interested.

Thank you,

Todd

norberto.collado koyado.com

Jul 20, 2022, 2:31:44 PM7/20/22
to SEBHC
Terry put his heart into the re-design of such board. He prototyped it to ring out any design issues before we started the board layout.  It is a great board and I'm happy with the one that is in my system.

Thanks Todd for all your support,

Norberto

Jul 20, 2022, 5:12:24 PM7/20/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

So for a variety of reasons there was never much gaming software produced for this board back in the day.

I built the new HA-8-3 board based on the early release version and have built a fun dice game called “Greed”.  Terry (and his wife!) have been enthusiastic beta testers and, although it still needs work and polish, I would be happy to have others test it and enjoy the game and help to improve it.  I think Terry and his wife are now officially “greedaholics” (I’m guessing the good news is this has brought her a whole new appreciation of his hobby!?)

Of course, once we’ve got the kinks worked out I’ll make this available to the group.  I like to use it with the new board because I’ve added an Open Source Scan Converter and can display at HDMI resolution, but the game also will work fine with the original HA-8-3 board from NOGDS.  It requires at least two two-button controllers, which can be easily built (Terry has even prototyped a wireless version).

I hope to develop more games, and perhaps others will too so we can build a nice collection of fun games over time…

  • Glenn