H8 Extender board!

norberto.collado koyado.com

Nov 22, 2022, 6:37:36 PM11/22/22
to SEBHC List

Finally, I was able to build out the H8 extender to debug boards more easily. Having the H8 bus connectors on the front makes it easy to insert.

One minor change I did was to solder the header pin connector on side 1 instead of side 2. This allows for the whole board to be inserted properly without hitting the pcb.

Attached are some pictures and I’m glad that is working better than the older extender board.

Thanks,

Norberto

H8_Extender_1.jpg
H8_Extender_2.jpg

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2022, 8:54:23 PM11/23/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

When I built the Carroll Waddell version there either weren’t instructions or I didn’t read them (likely the latter) and just went ahead and soldered the Samtec connector on the front side, only to find that due to the very thick board now it wouldn’t insert properly into any of the slots.  Had to remove the connectors (destroyed in the process of course) and put two on the back side.  I briefly considered sanding down the bottom of the board to shorten it but decided not to mutilate it…

norberto.collado koyado.com

Nov 23, 2022, 9:14:40 PM11/23/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Carroll design was an exact copy of the original board which had the connectors on the back of the board.

Having them in the front now it is easy to insert.