22-16-2250 MOLEX connectors

Les Bird

Nov 27, 2022, 7:30:48 PM11/27/22
to SEBHC
All,

If you're interested I found a source for the 25 pin right angle MOLEX connectors. Price is 90 cents each ($0.9 cents). Looks like they have 335 in stock. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me so I snagged 50 of them. Shipping seems to be flat rate $12 so factoring that in the price comes to $1.16/ea.

If you're looking for more there you go.

Les

rpm...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2022, 12:06:25 PM12/2/22
to SEBHC
Thanks, Les !!

I ordered some today.

Dick McCoy

Richard Davis Jr.

Dec 2, 2022, 12:12:51 PM12/2/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
I ordered some too. Arrived yesterday. Look like the originals.

Rick

Les Bird

Dec 2, 2022, 4:19:59 PM12/2/22
to SEBHC
Yes they are the brick red connectors like the original Heathkit ones. Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow. They are down to 129 units left.

I checked with Heisener (https://www.heisener.com/ProductDetail/Molex/22-16-2250) to see what a quantity 500 would cost. They replied and said they only had 230 available and wanted $7/ea for a total of $1600. Haha.. no thanks.

So at $0.90/ea from Connector People, that's a steal.

Les

norberto.collado koyado.com

Dec 2, 2022, 6:05:37 PM12/2/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

OK, convinced me, so I order some as well.

Norberto

rpm...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2022, 7:53:49 PM12/2/22
to SEBHC
Wow !!

They are all gone now!

Dick McCoy

Les Bird

Dec 2, 2022, 8:33:24 PM12/2/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Wow. 335 to 0 in one week.

Les

norberto.collado koyado.com

Dec 4, 2022, 3:01:18 AM12/4/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Only 24-pcs left when I ordered. About $1.50 each connector including shipment.

Norberto

Les Bird

Dec 4, 2022, 10:08:25 AM12/4/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Glad you were able to get some Norby.

Les

Les Bird

Dec 4, 2022, 8:13:08 PM12/4/22
to SEBHC
All, we bought all of the 22-16-2250 (25 pin) stock from Connector People however all is not lost, they have a whole bunch of other 22-16 molex connectors in stock. Here's a break down of each connector plus stock and price. Note that buying 22-16-2150 + 22-16-2100 when put together will make a 25 pin connector (and that's only $1.04 for both pieces) so you can mix and match parts.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 6.08.24 PM.png

Hope this is helpful for those who missed out on the 25 pin stock.

Les

norberto.collado koyado.com

Dec 7, 2022, 11:06:23 PM12/7/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Received the Molex connectors.  Thanks Les.

Norberto

Dec 8, 2022, 1:19:33 AM12/8/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Actually just noticed that these 25-pin connectors have additional lock notches (3 more) to keep tight against the circuit board. Much better connector.

Les Bird

Dec 8, 2022, 8:57:01 AM12/8/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Oh that's interesting. I got mine on Monday but mine do not have the extra lock notches. Or maybe some of them do, I haven't looked at all of them.

Les

norberto.collado koyado.com

Dec 8, 2022, 11:09:06 AM12/8/22
to se...@googlegroups.com