H8s/ eBay

Glenn Roberts

Nov 5, 2022, 8:05:31 AM11/5/22
to <sebhc@googlegroups.com>
A couple more Dutch auctions for H8s starting today on eBay at astronomical starting points of course. I don’t think I ever see these run to completion, which means I guess the seller accepts a private offer and ends the listing?..

234766764412 Has an interesting ram board. 256k? Must have zero org logic built onto the board? Trionyx? As a teaser he’s also got another H8 sitting off to the right in the picture.

185645416504 Has the Heath z80 (but 8080 keycap labels). No RAM board? (Which is probably why he doesn’t show it running). Third party disk controller board; 8” drives. He also has a few H89 boards in there. Quite a trove of disks - would love to be able to image those…

Sent from my iPad

Mark Garlanger

Nov 5, 2022, 12:08:43 PM11/5/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
For that first one, in addition to the extra computer on the side, there looks to be multiple drives enclosures, one behind the second computer, but also some behind the manuals on the left side, you can barely see the enclosure and a pack of disks on top of it, along with the power cables behind. And there are at least 4 things plugged into the power strip to the right.

On that second system, it definitely would be nice to be able to image those disk, would be interesting to see if there is anything we are missing.

About a week ago, there was a unbuilt H8, that was listed at a cheaper price than either of those - https://www.ebay.com/itm/185641209841?orig_cvip=true

Mark

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2022, 2:18:10 PM11/5/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Wow. An unbuilt H8.  Somehow I missed that one.  both a dream and a nightmare.  After paying $$$ for it would someone have the courage to actually build it?  kind of like an unopened vintage Lego kit 😊  worth more in its pristine state!

Les Bird

Nov 5, 2022, 2:26:37 PM11/5/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
That 2nd H8 system for $5K is quite the collection. Only thing missing is the H19/H29 terminal. Looks like a complete set of manuals and a nice lot of software. Wow.

Les

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2022, 5:35:37 PM11/5/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Yeah. Worth watching seller vasi0011 (first one).

For that first one, in addition to the extra computer on the side, there looks to be multiple drives enclosures, one behind the second computer, but also some behind the manuals on the left side, you can barely see the enclosure and a pack of disks on top of it, along with the power cables behind. And there are at least 4 things plugged into the power strip to the right.

Mark Garlanger

Nov 5, 2022, 5:45:49 PM11/5/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
For that first system, a bunch more photos including the other system on the table are on vcfed: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/heathkit-h8-computers-and-peripherals-for-sale.1240380/page-2