FW: [vcf-midatlantic] Hackaday Article on VCFE 2021

Glenn Roberts

Oct 19, 2021, 4:26:42 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Apologies to those of you who are getting this twice because you're on the
vcf-midatlantic list but here's another blurb about VCF East. This one has
some nice shots of Mike Loewen's HP demo! Also check out the "see through"
Macintosh - we need a "see through" H8 (or H89??) at a future event!

Oct 19, 2021, 7:49:48 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
 we need a "see through" H8 (or H89??) at a future event!

We need just to find the factory in the US that can do this job. They only reference the following:

"The high quality acrylic plastic was manufactured in sheets in the United States and shipped to our partner factory in Indiana. Once arrived at the factory it was cut using CNC machines and hand crafted by plastic artisans using a custom fixture. "

Oct 19, 2021, 8:45:05 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I've got a plexiglass top, but none of the other pieces are plexiglass.

H89-plexiglass.jpg

Glenn Roberts

Oct 19, 2021, 9:09:01 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

Wow. cool.  Was that something that was once commercially available?

Oct 19, 2021, 10:01:06 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
No, this was part of a collection I got from a company that made products for Heathkit systems. This wasn't one of their products, but I think they had it made to show off their products at trade shows.

Mark

Joseph Travis

Oct 19, 2021, 10:13:22 PM10/19/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing one like that at HUGCON in '83 or '84.  BTW - if you have the original cover and would like to sell it, I'd be interested in buying it.

Regards,
Joe Travis n6ypc

Darrell Pelan

Oct 19, 2021, 10:34:45 PM10/19/21
to SEBHC
Wow, very cool. What all is in the H-89?

  Darrell

Mark Garlanger

Oct 20, 2021, 12:08:55 AM10/20/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

For more info, the plexiglass was stored in a box, and I just put it on a system I had on my bench to take the photo.

On that system, it has a CDR board and a MMS board, along with a 10M hard drive. Unfortunately, it doesn't power on, it's in my queue to investigate and try to get it working.

Mark