H89 Assembly Manual Illustration Booklet

Frank Madison

Nov 25, 2021, 11:45:45 PM11/25/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
I have begun reassembling an H89 system.  I have it apart for inspection and cleaning.  While I photographed the disassembly process, I am not confident that I have enough detail to get it back together just right.  I have the assembly manual (595-2596), but I do not have the accompanying illustration booklet.  The booklet would be a great help in assuring my work.  I have searched, but have not found an electronic archive of a scan of this document.  Is anyone in the group aware of the presence of a scan of the illustration booklet?

On page 19 of the assembly manual, the booklet is referred to:

CABINET BASE ASSEMBLY
Refer to Pictorial 1-1 (Illustration Booklet, Page 5) for
the following steps.

David Troendle

Nov 26, 2021, 7:40:52 AM11/26/21
to SEBHC
A fairly complete collection of high res scans for most of the Heath 8-bit produce line is available here: https://bitbucket.org/HeathkitGuy/heathkitinformation/src/master/

Unfortunately, I missed the Illustration Booklet, but am sure I have it.  If no one else is able to help you, I will scan and post the weekend of 12/4-5/21.  ( I am in New Orleans visiting grandkids, but will be returning home to Olive Branch, MS next week.)  Sorry for the delay, but hopefully somebody has a scan and can get it to you sooner.

s shumaker

Nov 26, 2021, 1:06:01 PM11/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com, David Troendle
see attached.   not high quality but usable...

Steve

Heathkit H89 Illustration Booklet.pdf

Frank Madison

Nov 26, 2021, 1:33:53 PM11/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

I think that the quality is just fine.  Thank you for your generous response.

David,

Please have a look at what Steve has provided.  You may want to consider just adding his assembly illustration booklet to your documentation collection.  And, thank you for your offer to make a scan if needed.

Thanks to both of you,

Frank

Sent: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 11:05 AM
From: "s shumaker" <shum...@att.net>
To: se...@googlegroups.com
Cc: "David Troendle" <da...@troendle.org>
Subject: Re: [sebhc] Re: H89 Assembly Manual Illustration Booklet

Glenn Roberts

Nov 26, 2021, 4:28:07 PM11/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com, David Troendle

Nice scan.  As I recall we (collectively) really haven’t captured too many of the illustration books (?).  they are important to capture/preserve.  I’ve certainly got a large collection of them if I can help.

From: <se...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of s shumaker <shum...@att.net>
Date: Friday, November 26, 2021 at 1:06 PM
To: <se...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: David Troendle <da...@troendle.org>

see attached.   not high quality but usable...

David Troendle

Nov 26, 2021, 4:53:33 PM11/26/21
to SEBHC
The scan posted is certainly good enough to help Frank reassemble his system, and am glad he does not need to wait till I can get it done.

You are correct in noting several of the Illustration Booklets are missing.  I agree they are important and should be captured.  Unfortunately, they are too large for a regular scanner and need to be scanned in the large format scanner.  I'll do an inventory of the missing booklets.  If you are willing to send them to me and let me remove the staple I can scan and include them in our collection.

David

Glenn Roberts

Nov 26, 2021, 5:04:05 PM11/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com

Great. First step is to inventory what we need.

s shumaker

Nov 26, 2021, 5:09:15 PM11/26/21
to se...@googlegroups.com
Wasn't mine.   I found it somewhere on the net.     I suspect few of them were scanned due to the wide size and need for stitching the images back together.

I think I have a few others from when I had a wide scanner.  I'll look.

Steve
Message has been deleted