Building CP/M BIOS

Richard Davis Jr.

Jul 27, 2022, 9:05:35 PM7/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
All,

I am trying to add the Dual CF device to CP/M BIOS.
Progress has been slow but steady.
I have now hit a brick wall. I am getting "Phase Error" from prel. This occurred after updating my read/write code. Things were fine until I did this.
 My code is enabled whenever H17T is set to 1

DCFT EQU H17T

See below,
Thanks,
Rick

C>A:MAKEBIOS C:1 B:

        BIOS SELECTION MENU

A -- H17 ONLY
B -- H37 ONLY
C -- H47 ONLY
D -- H67 ONLY
E -- H17 AND H37
F -- H17 AND H47
G -- H17 AND H67
H -- H37 AND H47
I -- H37 AND H67
J -- H47 AND H67

ENTER SELECTION? a
C>A:ASM BIOS.CBZ
CP/M ASSEMBLER - VER 2.0
1E4E
037H USE FACTOR
END OF ASSEMBLY

C>REN B:BIOS.HX0=B:BIOS.HEX
FILE EXISTS
C>A:MAKEBIOS C:2 B:

C>A:ASM BIOS.CBZ
CP/M ASSEMBLER - VER 2.0
1F4E
037H USE FACTOR
END OF ASSEMBLY

C>REN B:BIOS.HX1=B:BIOS.HEX
FILE EXISTS
C>A:PREL B:BIOS B:
Phase error
C>A:MAKEBIOS C:3 B:

ERROR IN EXECUTION OF MAKEBIOS

Douglas Miller

Jul 27, 2022, 9:55:50 PM7/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

First thing I see is that the REN commands are failing, so BIOS.HX0 and BIOS.HX1 have whatever data was previously in them - not the data from the latest ASM. You probably need to do something like "ERA B:BIOS.HX?" before you start the build (or as the first part of the SUB file).

rand...@hotmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 10:05:10 PM7/27/22
to SEBHC
Easier to use pip and not ren.

Randy

Richard Davis Jr.

Jul 28, 2022, 5:53:24 AM7/28/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Bad example. I forgot to delete the files from the previous failure.
Here is the same output with no rename issues.
PREL Phase Error indicates "bad address" in the hex file. What is a "bad address"?

A -- H17 ONLY
B -- H37 ONLY
C -- H47 ONLY
D -- H67 ONLY