Epson LX-300 and H-8-4

Mitchell Smith

Apr 26, 2022, 4:24:24 PM4/26/22
to SEBHC
Greeting all.
I found a very nice unused LX-300 printer on eBay.
Having some trouble getting it to print.

The printer is set as follows:
Serial interface
Baud: 9600
Data: 8 bits
Parity: None

On the H8-4 serial board I have channel 1 set to port 340 and the interrupt jumper is off.

I have also run
SET LP: PORT 340
SET LP: BAUD 9600
and rebooted.

Is there a better LP driver for this printer than the LPH14?
What is the correct cable pinout ?
Do I attach the cable to the DCE or DTE connector?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Mitch
kb3gkc

Mitchell Smith

Apr 26, 2022, 6:33:47 PM4/26/22
to SEBHC
So... Nevermind.
It was my cable.
Although it seems to be working, I'd still like to know what others are using for a cable pinout.

Thanks.
Mitch

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2022, 6:39:52 PM4/26/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

I had (actually still have) a C. Itoh Prowriter.  I modified one of the generic drivers that came with HDOS2 (but not the H14 one).

If you’re getting characters then the only question would seem to be handshaking.  You might verify that your driver is consistent with how the printer is sset up..