Resuming In-person Meetings

Aaron Vargo

Jul 3, 2021, 8:34:42 PM7/3/21
to SeaHUG
Let's resume in-person meetings. It looks like library meeting rooms are still closed, but Bartosz says he can reserve a room in his building, in Downtown Seattle.

When do we want to have this meeting? Is there interest in having one before next month, since we haven't met in-person in so long?

What do we want to discuss? Given how today's meeting went, we should probably have at least some plan.

Bartosz Milewski

Jul 3, 2021, 11:24:23 PM7/3/21
to SeaHUG
It looks like the current format is not working for everybody, and the dwindling membership is the testimony to it. We need more structure if we want to continue the meetings. If somebody wants to talk, they have to propose a topic, get it accepted, prepare a presentation; and we have to enforce a time limit. Also, we have to limit interruptions. It's okay to ask questions, or offer an explanation; but taking over somebody else's presentation leads to chaos.

Michael Kerekes

Jul 3, 2021, 11:36:09 PM7/3/21
to Bartosz Milewski, SeaHUG
I don't think anyone disagrees with you.  Bryan suggested having an explicit code of conduct.

Bryan Grounds

Jul 3, 2021, 11:39:56 PM7/3/21
to Michael Kerekes, Bartosz Milewski, SeaHUG
I think some guidelines for effective discourse are welcome :)

Bryan Grounds

Jul 8, 2021, 10:53:36 PM7/8/21
to Michael Kerekes, Bartosz Milewski, SeaHUG
So what's the next step?

A call for "papers"?

Anyone with presentation ideas can pitch them in this thread, and maybe we can vote on topics for the next meeting.

How does that sound?