Komatsu Sensei simuls; Go Center schedule update

prog...@seattlego.org

Mar 10, 2020, 1:55:36 PM3/10/20
to SGC Groups, Youth Announcements
Hello, fellow Go enthusiasts,

Komatsu Sensei is still scheduled to play simultaneous matches today, at 2:30pm and again at 6:30pm.  If you're not at higher risk of severe illness, please come and enjoy this rare opportunity!

As the COVID-19 novel coronavirus outbreak continues, we continue to evaluate whether the Go Center should cancel some events.  For now, we are mostly staying open, though attendance will be lower, because some players need to stay away.  New hours of operation:
  • Mon. 6:30-8:30pm - DDK class with Dr. Nick
  • Tue. 1:00-10:00pm - Chris mostly will *not* be baking; and John Boy mostly will *not* be teaching
  • Wed. -- Go Center is closed; SDK class will be online (but not this week -- Jonathan pre-recorded two short lectures at https://youtu.be/sEe3xxMGibU and https://youtu.be/q4_tnQ-tF1M )
  • Thu. 5:00-9:00pm - Opening a little later; Larry's 6:30 Beginners class is still scheduled
  • Fri. -- Go Center is closed
  • Sat. 11:00am-8:00pm - The Programming Computer Go meetups at 5pm with Drew are still scheduled; but the bi-monthly Shogi meetups with Brandon are uncertain for now
  • Sun. -- Go Center is closed (except for 1st Sunday tournaments)

Who should stay away?
The general guidelines say:  people at higher risk of severe illness should stay home and away from large groups of people as much as possible....

People at higher risk include people:

  • Over 60 years of age
  • With underlying health conditions including include heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
  • With weakened immune systems
  • Who are pregnant
In addition, please stay home if you are feeling ill -- if you have fever, cough, or shortness of breath.

Everyone needs to make their own decisions, in consultation with their own health care professionals.  If you are a caregiver for someone who's at higher risk of severe illness, you should consider that as well.

More information on COVID-19:  www.kingcounty.gov/covid

See you soon (I hope) at the Go Center,

Mike Malveaux
Seattle Go Center Programs Manager

email: prog...@SeattleGo.org
web: www.SeattleGo.org
Go Center phone: 206-545-1424

prog...@seattlego.org

Mar 10, 2020, 2:08:51 PM3/10/20
to SGC Groups, Youth Announcements
Sorry everyone -- I forgot to mention, the Go Center is ordering pizza tonight, between Komatsu Sensei's simuls sessions! (Try saying that six times fast.)