Go tonight: SDK@SGC; Uwajimaya; Mox (Ballard)

prog...@seattlego.org

Feb 12, 2020, 7:21:21 PM2/12/20
to SGC Groups
Hello fellow Go fans,

Go in Seattle tonight:  SDK with Jonathan Cheng; Uwajimaya meetup; Mox Boarding House meetup

SDK with Jonathan Cheng - tonight, 6pm-8pm
Some of you have pointed out that the names of a couple of our Go classes were confusing.  After discussion with Nick Sibicky and Jonathan Cheng, we'll keep calling the Monday sessions "Double Digit Kyu class" (DDK), and the Wednesday sessions are now simply "Single Digit Kyu class" (SDK).  There still may be some overlap in terms of the material Dr. Nick and Jonathan are covering, but Jonathan's Wednesday sessions explicitly will tend to be more advanced, for roughly 9k to 1d.

Go meetup at Uwajimaya - tonight, 6pm-8pm
Friendly casual games at the Uwajimaya food court!  Free instruction for beginners!  Weekly on Wednesdays.  This long-running weekly outreach event continues, with Kyle on the board!  If you'd like to help ensure coverage, on a regular basis or as an occasional sub, talk to Kyle or email prog...@SeattleGo.org -- thanks!
Uwajimaya
600 5th Ave. S.
Seattle, WA 98104

Go meetup at Mox Boarding House - tonight, 6pm-8:30pm
Friendly casual games at Mox Boarding House in Ballard!  Free instruction for beginners!  Monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.  Mox is a fun games store, restaurant, and pub.  There's a free parking lot across the street, but it fills up quickly.

Go Center closed Monday Feb. 17
Presidents' Day (Feb. 17), the Go Center is closed, and Dr. Nick's DDK class canceled until Feb. 24.  Check out his archive of recorded lectures:  https://www.youtube.com/NickSibicky

More Go announcements tomorrow.

See you soon at the Go Center,

Mike Malveaux
Seattle Go Center Programs Manager

email: prog...@SeattleGo.org
web: www.SeattleGo.org
Go Center phone: 206-545-1424

prog...@seattlego.org

Feb 12, 2020, 7:24:32 PM2/12/20
to prog...@seattlego.org, SGC Groups
Sorry, I forgot to post the address for Mox Boarding House:
5105 Leary Ave. NW
Seattle, WA 98107

6pm-8:30pm

See you soon across a Go board,