CONGRATULATIONS to all the IFComp entrants & winners!

Paxton

Dec 6, 2020, 11:38:19 PM12/6/20
to Seattle IF
Pace's incredible Limerick Quest getting 4th Place followed immediately by Miss Congeniality, Mathbrush himself with The Magpie Takes the Train. Lance's aptly named Stuff of Legend coming in 8th in one of the many ties, Paul's atmospheric Alone in 14th with so much buzz.

I won't list the entire results page, but it's an honor to see so many names of folks I've met here get the recognition they deserve. Well done and congratulations to each and every one of you.

Mike Spivey

Dec 6, 2020, 11:47:18 PM12/6/20
to seatt...@googlegroups.com
Totally second what Paxton said: Congratulations to all!  I'm really pleased at the high-quality IF that's being produced by folks from our little Seattle group. :)

Mike

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 8:38 PM Paxton <spaxt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Pace's incredible Limerick Quest getting 4th Place followed immediately by Miss Congeniality, Mathbrush himself with The Magpie Takes the Train. Lance's aptly named Stuff of Legend coming in 8th in one of the many ties, Paul's atmospheric Alone in 14th with so much buzz.

I won't list the entire results page, but it's an honor to see so many names of folks I've met here get the recognition they deserve. Well done and congratulations to each and every one of you.

Paul

Dec 7, 2020, 11:28:29 AM12/7/20
to seatt...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks, you guys.  I really enjoy our meetups, and look forward to them each month.  It's great having such a supportive community.  The enthusiasm you all bring is no small part of our success.  My only regret is not having gotten more involved in the IF community earlier.

Lance Campbell

Dec 7, 2020, 1:38:53 PM12/7/20
to seatt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone.

I am also really proud of what our group did this year, especially in the number of entries and the variety of games we submitted. This year we had Inform 7, Twine, Inkle, Unity and a customized language. I would love to see this trend continue for the future as well.

I read a post from Paul that he is looking into Dialog for his next game. At some point in the future, I would like to hear about that development experience as well.