Is SearchGuardSSL prone to Information Disclosure issue

shashanka

Feb 11, 2019, 8:02:27 AM2/11/19
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi,

I am wondering if an Elasticsearch server with search guard ssl installed is vulnerable to  information disclosure issue ?

From the above link that i shared, i understand that x-pack is vulnerable to this security issue as it stores secrets. What about SearchGuardSSL (search guard or other modules are not installed) ? Does SearchguardSSl stores secrets  as dynamic cluster settings,  If yes, what are those and what is the remediation ?

Here are the details of setup

  • SearchGuardSSL and Elasticsearch version : 5.6.9.
  • No other enterprise modules installed
  • JVM Version and operaing System :   Java 7/8 and Windows/Linux

SG

Feb 11, 2019, 8:56:45 AM2/11/19
to search...@googlegroups.com
SearchGuard and SearchGuarSSL are not vulnerable to the issue described in CVE-2018-3831 because we do not store anything in the cluster state