Elasticsearch fails to load searchguard plugin after(?) forced restart

Nemo Winkins

Jan 4, 2019, 10:44:15 AM1/4/19
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi, I'm having a weird issue when sometimes elasticsearch fails to load searchguard plugin. I believe it fails after I do kill -9 of elasticsearch. And it's fixed only when I complete remove config & data dir.

I'm running ES 6.5.4 & SG 24.0 inside docker openjdk:8-jre-alpine. I'm using a bit modified version of this image https://github.com/khezen/docker-elasticsearch. Community version without plugins. 1 node only.

So first start is fine, users work everything works. But if I try to kill process using kill -9 I get those messages after start https://pastebin.com/kqjuV8W9. Erorr is "cannot create instance of org.bouncycastle.jcajce.provider.digest.GOST3411$Mappings : java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.security.SecurityPermission" "putProviderProperty.BC")" I'll try to post a debug log a little bit later. But maybe you guys already know what can cause this issue? I've tried to google that, but no luck.

Nemo Winkins

Jan 4, 2019, 10:50:58 AM1/4/19
to Search Guard Community Forum
Update: nope, it's not related to kill -9 command. Can't really reliably reproduce this problem and grab logs.

SG

Jan 7, 2019, 3:24:00 AM1/7/19
to search...@googlegroups.com
alpine is not officially supported. Can you try centos:7 as the docker base image?
Seems to be the same thing like https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch-docker/issues/103