Authentication finally failed for null... who is null?

jive.tu...@gmail.com

May 31, 2018, 3:07:26 PM5/31/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi,

I have a 2 node ES cluster running on RHEL7 with searchguard installed and configured with http client cert auth.

- ES cluster works perfectly.
- Curl with key/cert works for the role defined things

Though my cluster is in a green state, and I am having no issues with my applications connecting, I am seeing the following in the logs:

[2018-05-31T14:00:08,931][WARN ][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry  ] Authentication finally failed for null
[2018-05-31T14:00:08,976][DEBUG][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry  ] Try to extract auth creds from clientcert http authenticator
[2018-05-31T14:00:08,976][DEBUG][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry  ] User still not authenticated after checking 1 auth domains

which is repeatedly spamming my logs, even when I have no applications running against my ES cluster. How can I determine where this is coming from?

Search Guard

May 31, 2018, 3:12:54 PM5/31/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
i think you need to use some networking tools like netstat or tcpdump to find out the ip address of the requestor

jive.tu...@gmail.com

May 31, 2018, 7:47:57 PM5/31/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
I will try that, thank you

Jordano Moscoso

May 31, 2018, 11:01:12 PM5/31/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
I think is logstash trying to access elasticseaarch, that was happening also on my server