Kibana advanced setting automation

Alessandro Puccetti

Oct 11, 2017, 3:47:49 AM10/11/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi,

I am automating ES/Kibana deployments and I would like to programmatically set some advanced settings, this is possible only via kibana API (not via kibana.yml). When I execute:

curl -v --insecure -u <ADMIN_USER> -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "kbn-xsrf: true" -d '{"value":"10"}' http://localhost:<KIBANA_PORT>/api/kibana/settings/visualization:tileMap:maxPrecision

After inserting the password, I get this error message back:
{"statusCode":403,"error":"Forbidden","message":"Error: Unauthorized"}

I am using Search Guard Community Edition. Does this happen because if the community edition and REST API management is available only in the EE? Or I am doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Search Guard

Feb 1, 2018, 5:29:24 PM2/1/18
to Search Guard Community Forum

Jochen Kressin

Feb 9, 2018, 7:54:33 PM2/9/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
Fixed in 6.x-21 version of Search Guard.