Security Hash Algorithm

jcan...@redhat.com

Jan 31, 2017, 1:36:21 PM1/31/17
to Search Guard
I'm being asked what the security hash algorithm provided by SG.   Is it sha256, or sha384?  Is there a place in the code I can point our BU folks to?

SG

Jan 31, 2017, 2:25:34 PM1/31/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
It's bcrypt (https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/blob/master/src/main/java/com/floragunn/searchguard/auth/internal/InternalAuthenticationBackend.java#L105) for the intenal user backend as well as
SHA 256 (https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/blob/master/src/main/java/com/floragunn/searchguard/user/AuthCredentials.java#L75) for in memory cache