Creating generic user

djtecha

May 16, 2016, 4:18:09 PM5/16/16
to Search Guard
Hello,
 I'm trying to figure out how I can have a generic read only user pass through for kibana. I've added the following that I got from the latest commits for SG-2-2.3.2.0-beta2

sg_roles.yml:
sg_users:
  indices:
    '*':
      '*':
        - READ

sg_roles_mapping.yml
sg_public:
  users:
    - '*'

I even tried ensuring the sg_* name was the same in both files, but I keep getting blocked when I try to log in to kibana with an undefined user. Along with trying to simply curl the ES cluster. Not sure if i'm doing this wrong, but i'm stuck and any help would be appreciated.

djtecha

May 16, 2016, 6:08:58 PM5/16/16
to Search Guard
Ahh nevermind. See I have to edit the sg_config and enable the domain_proxy section. Though, kibana keeps making me do basic auth after I've logged in using google sso. Even though I can just pass it a random user/pass combo.

SG

May 17, 2016, 9:12:39 AM5/17/16
to search...@googlegroups.com
can you share you configs?

> Am 17.05.2016 um 00:08 schrieb djtecha <djt...@gmail.com>:
>
> Ahh nevermind. See I have to edit the sg_config and enable the domain_proxy section. Though, kibana keeps making me do basic auth after I've logged in using google sso. Even though I can just pass it a random user/pass combo.

djtecha

May 18, 2016, 12:40:45 PM5/18/16
to Search Guard
sg_config:
searchguard:
  dynamic:
    http:
      xff:
        enabled: false
        internalProxies: 192\.168\.0\.10|192\.168\.0\.11
        remoteIpHeader: "x-forwarded-for"
        proxiesHeader: "x-forwarded-by"
        trustedProxies: "proxy1|proxy2"
      authenticator:
        type: com.floragunn.searchguard.http.HTTPBasicAuthenticator
    authcz:
      authentication_domain_basic_internal:
        enabled: true
        order: 0
        authentication_backend:
          type: com.floragunn.searchguard.auth.internal.InternalAuthenticationBackend
        authorization_backend:
          type: com.floragunn.searchguard.auth.internal.NoOpAuthorizationBackend
      #authentication_ldap:
        #enabled: true
        #order: 1
        #authentication_backend:
          #type: com.floragunn.dlic.auth.ldap.backend.LDAPAuthenticationBackend
          #config:
            #host: ["",""]
        #authorization_backend:
          #type: com.floragunn.dlic.auth.ldap.backend.LDAPAuthorizationBackend
      authentication_domain_proxy:
        enabled: true
        order: 1
        authentication_backend:
          type: com.floragunn.searchguard.auth.internal.NoOpAuthenticationBackend
        authorization_backend:
          type: com.floragunn.searchguard.auth.internal.NoOpAuthorizationBackend

sg_roles.yml
sg_public:
  cluster:
    - CLUSTER_ALL
  indices:
    '*':
      '*':
        - ALL

sg_roles_mapping.yml
sg_public:
  users:
    - '*'

That should let any user see all indices regardless of if they have a login.

SG

May 19, 2016, 11:33:39 AM5/19/16
to search...@googlegroups.com
i suggest

searchguard:
dynamic:
http:
anonymous_auth_enabled: true
xff:
enabled: false
internalProxies: 192\.168\.0\.10|192\.168\.0\.11
remoteIpHeader: "x-forwarded-for"
proxiesHeader: "x-forwarded-by"
trustedProxies: "proxy1|proxy2"
authenticator: